Updated: Feb 9
Many times, I am asked is Mold bad. The answer is that mold is part of our lives, but bad in high concentrations. I will use an example of a recent test we perform. This test showed a high level of Aspergillus/Penicillium at 3,511 per cubic meter of air. Should that count be considered really elevated and could it have impact on health? The answer is yes to both, existing evidence suggests that exposure to high levels of indoor mold increases prevalence of asthma-related symptoms such as chronic wheezing, irritation symptoms, and non-specific symptoms. However, given that there is a high inter-individual variability in human reaction to mold exposure and the fact that there are several types of molds commonly found in buildings, it has been difficult to set mold acceptable exposure limits. A spore count of 3,511 of Aspergillus/Penicillium per cubic meter of air may affect some people and not others. Regardless of the level of airborne spore counts, mold growth should not be allowed in occupied indoor environment.
We are here to Help!! Consultations and quotes are free, and we will answer your questions and gladly meet with you.